Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Still Not Feeling Like a Rock Star...

Disclaimer: There's a Kimya Dawson lyric that says something like, "If you don't like body functions, don't read my blog." That lyric could be applied to this post. You have been warned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight was special.

To make a long story short, I can now cross "throw up twice during a presentation" off of my list of things to do in life.

Fortunately, I was able to make an awkward exit and run to the bathroom while another girl in my group was talking. I hurled into a trashcan in the safety of the ladies' room, a disgusted Chinese exchange student being the only witness. I ran my hands under cold water and made it back to the classroom in time to finish the presentation. I told no one why I had left and proceeded to act like everything was normal. It was still a very mortifying experience though. There's nothing like standing in front of a group of people and realizing that it would be a good idea to visually locating all available trashcans in the room. It was like my sixth grade winter band concert all over again. *shudder*

Weirdly enough, the prof seemed to like the presentation. He was especially impressed by the video I made, which was funny because I cut it together last night when I was grumpy and had a fever. Apparently the video distracted him from the fact that I was turning green and visually locating all the trashcans in the room.

I can't wait until school is over and done with.

Now that I've got this rock tour plan cooked up, I really can't wait to graduate and be done with this whole college thing.

The map looks at me every day from it's perch on my wall. It's calling my name. It's saying, "Lauren! Lauren! I am the United States! Make rock music in meeee!"

Actually, I've never heard it say those exact words (or any words at all, really). But you get the point.

Anyway, now that I've thrown up a couple of times, I am officially sick and can spend my evening irresponsibly blogging and looking at keytars on ebay. Okay, so maybe I was doing that before I threw up, but now I can do it free of guilt.

Dear Keytar,

The more I think about you, the more I want you. You are cooler than an accordion but still have a lot of personality. You are probably not as heavy as my accordion and I don't have to squeeze you to get you to make noise. Like I said in an earlier post, I wish it was at least semi-practical to throw money into you. Maybe you can be mine someday.

Love,
Lauren

Gah. I am writing letters to inanimate objects. I should go to bed.

Goodnight, oh universe.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D