Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday Friday

Bleck. I feel as though my entire throat is inflamed in rebellion against that bad lemonade I drank last night. I'm just going to call it psychosomatic and move on with my life.

Besides, life is good today. It's a sunny Friday. I am done with classes for the weekend and hanging around my apartment in my scuzzy Greenday t-shirt (a shirt I still insist on wearing even though I know it looks better on Ryan...).

Fridays get my thumbs-up of approval. Not sad to see this week come to an end.

Wrote a new song a couple of nights ago while I was attempting to mentally process the weirdness of the world. I really don't know if it's any good. It's a bit of a departure from my normal whimsical style (I'll be back to writing songs about zombies and icebergs soon, I am sure). I'm always nervous to post songs like this for fear that they are too cheesy or just plain suck. But I am trying hard to overcome these standard issue neurotic insecurities of a songwriter, so I took a quick recording of it on my iphone when I was practicing this morning. It's a terrible recording and the song is still fresh out of the notebook so it's a bit rough.

See? It's barely legible, and that big blank spot is where the second verse will go if I ever feel like writing one (I'm infamous for cheating and just recycling the first verse instead of writing a second...hey, words are hard for me - I'm more of a music and melody girl).

Anyway, now that I've given you two paragraphs worth of disclaimers, you can hear the song now. It's just audio. Maybe I'll be more sophisticated next time and add video as well, but I was feeling camera shy this morning.



I would love to hear what you think. The sound of Internet crickets is always terribly unnerving.

On a side note, if you're just now tuning into all this madness, you should check out this entry.
It's all about how you can get involved with our summer tour by joining our street team. There's a great video over there you might want to watch. Also included in this entry is information on how you can date Ryan. Check it totally out, yo.

I'm gonna go do whatever it is I do on Fridays. Peace and trash rock. Over and out.

5 comments:

  1. I really want a string quartet on this song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In any other world..." :-3
    Keep it! I'm not sure about the "losers and winners" line though.

    *busts out the lighter*

    I feel like this song doesn't need guitar, or at least not one in my usual style, though it could definitely do with some drums and sound effects. Guitar *could* work with an eBow... but three years of chapel have made me wary of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, maybe not even drums. Maybe just a string quartet. We'll see. :-)

    Do you know people who play cello and the like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking we could use a guitar and rock out towards the end, but a string quartet works too. I know a couple of cello players.
    And yeah, some of the lyrics are a little cheesy. Maybe you can help me fine tune them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing, I am teaching myself keyboard currently and I can't wait until I can play like that. It is slightly cheesy, but pretty good nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D