Sunday, April 11, 2010

And Would You Like Fries With That?

For the past week or two, I've been having these reoccurring dreams about fast food restaurants. Usually it's a Carl's Jr or a Wendy's. Sometimes it's a Taco Bell. But regardless of what chain it happens to be, I'm always sitting there drinking a milkshake and waiting for the rest of my food to come. Reasons for being there differ. Sometimes I'm there because I'm avoiding someone obnoxious (this could be anyone from my ex-boyfriend to my seventh grade math teacher). Sometimes I'm waiting for someone that never comes. Sometimes I just want to drink a milkshake. I'm always there longer than I intend to be, and the teenagers at the counter never get my order right.

Weirdest thing is, I don't even eat a lot of fast food in real life. I don't even really like fast food that much.

I'm sure Sigmund Freud or some like-minded psycho shrink could derive some deep meaning from this mundane series of dreams, but I'd like to think it's just another sign that my life is in need of a change. I mean, if the most exciting thing my subconscious can come up with in this current environment involves greasy chain restaurants, it must be time to get out of this town.

I'm going to attempt to sleep now. And hopefully tonight, I'll dream about something more exciting. Maybe I can dream about rock tour. :D

1 comment:

  1. Stangely enough, Taco Bell doesn't even sell milkshakes. If they did, they would probably be the best fast food restaurant ever! Wow, look at me writing a whole comment without mentioning Ryan and his dazzling smile and fantastic personality, um, almost.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D