Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Who Can It Beeeee Now?

Knock knock
Me: Who is it?
TMBG Girl: Hey, wanna get dollar beers at the dive bar down the street and play pool?
Me: Nah, I'm writing my rock opera.

------------------------------------------------------

Knock knock
Me: Yeah?
Asian Girl: You're room is mess. Clean it and in one hour I come back and help you rearrange.
Me: I can't do that tonight, I'm writing...

------------------------------------------------------

Knock knock
Me: Come in...
The Poet: Cool room, kid!
Me: Yeah, it's messy...
The Poet: I brought you a CD.
Me: Oh? Which one?
The Poet: Here. It's "Tommy," of course. For inspiration. I wanted to feel helpful.
Me: Sweet, thanks. Do you want Leonard Cohen back? We can trade.
The Poet: But what if you need to cry? You better hold on to that for awhile longer.
Me: Haha, okay, thanks.


------------------------------------------------------

Later, in the kitchen:


The Poet: How's it goin, kid?
Me: I think I'm going insane.
The Poet: Ah, you're in the crazy brain place?
Me: Completely.
The Poet: Come on. You're a rock star.
Me: I think I forgot how to format a stageplay...

---------------------------------------------------------

Fade Out

11 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha

    don't worry. you'll power through! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god i write screenplays too!!! lets combine ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha.
    1) I am a big fan of your blog.
    2) As writer (or at least someone who pretends to write), I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Sorry. I hope you get it written! Maybe you should put a sign on your door that says "I'm in the zone. Come back later". =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll get it written. I can't imagine writing a rock opera. I mean, when I get stoned, I "write" "operas," but I don't think that counts. And even though I'm a musician and a playwright, I've never tried to combine them in one work. Props to you for having the balls to do it. I'm sure it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, nice Men At Work reference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I embarked on an ambitious cleaning of my room today. I found the remote for a TV I threw away 5 years ago, a pile of French newspapers and a mix CD with the most ridiculous R&B whining on it. I have no idea where that came from.

    I'd give anything for someone to help me rearrange now.

    Good luck with the screenplay my love. And I hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you have so many visitors! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paige - Yes, let's do it! I feel like we could come up with something wickedly funny.

    Adria - Aw, thank you :)

    Justin - 1) Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like it! 2) Yeah, being a writer feels like having a mental disorder half of the time...

    DuckieSteph - That is a great idea. I might have to try that tonight.

    Matt - Thanks. Also, your stoned operas sound fantastic. You should record one and put it on your blog.
    And Men At Work are the best, of course. Haha.

    TbR - Kudos for cleaning your room! I'm attempting to clean my room today and it's terrifying. I haven't found anything quite as good as French newspapers though.

    Allison - Yeah, my neighbors are neighborly. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "But what if you need to cry?" !!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like that's a question that doesn't get asked enough LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your life is so awesome.

    Good on you for turning down all distractions!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D