Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Official: Lauren Really Is Insane This Time

Lauren The Snowflake

So Christmas was wonderful.

It was a different sort of Christmas but a lovely one.  I was once again reminded of how lucky I am to have so many great, supportive people in my life (i.e: family, friends, hippy neighbors, blogger friends that live in my computer, etc.).

I've also committed myself to doing something insane.

Remember awhile ago when I was babbling on about the rock musical I've had rolling around in my brain for ages?  You know, the one entitled "Goat Man Is All Alone Tonight (And So Am I)"?  Well, I'm going to finish it.  I'm going write the whole darn thing, record demo tracks, compile a character list and synopsis, and ship it all to the east coast by the 10th of January.  There's a residency program of sorts that I'm going to go out on a limb and apply for.  Honestly, I doubt I'll get in since I feel like I barely know what I'm doing, but I'm putting my nose to the grindstone and trying anyway.  If I get it, I'll get to have my play produced this summer potentially.  And if I don't get it, I'll still have a mostly finished musical on my hands.  I think I'm a girl that needs a deadline for things, so it's a win-win scenario.

That being said, you may not see me in the blogosphere a lot for the next few days.  I'm descending into hermit mode.

Oh, and my hot water is gone and I've spent most of the day in my sweatpants.  This seems to be the cliche starving artist part of my life.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a completely different program than the rest of the world.  I felt like that today especially.  Though most people have reacted positively to my Goat Man idea, I am yet to find someone who really understands my vision for it.  I feel like I'm a little bit insane.

But I also feel like The Universe itself is yelling at me and telling me to hurry up and write this crazy Goat Man thing.  In the past three days, there have been so many little random moments and conversations that seem to be screaming "LAUREN, WRITE THAT GOAT MAN THING!"  


So here it goes.

6 comments:

  1. What's that famous quote....one sec (Googling....)
    .
    .
    .
    .
    "Go confindently in the direction of your dreams."
    - Henry David Thoreau

    Yeah, do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, I think I needed that quote right about now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! I'm excited for you and your sudden inspirational rush, haha. I could really use one of those right now. Maybe the new year's going to bring a lot of good things, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks.
    The New Year will indeed bring lots of good things. Maybe it's your time to get inspired as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we were to play "put a quote on this picture" for the above-posted photo I would have gone with owl ghost. just saying.

    OH - and go get 'em tigerrrr!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do that for some of my projects; especially a couple of novels and the magazine I want to start.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D