Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Karaoke Time, Kids!

As promised, I have something extra special planned for today. Brace yourselves, kids. This is going to be good.

Remember that karaoke blog ring I participated in last month? Well, it's happening this month too and I got sucked into it again.

The theme this time is show tunes. Epic, right?

I have the privilege of posting a video from Bianca over at Bianca and the B-sides.

Before I post the video, I should apologize to everyone who has visited my blog today in search of fun karaoke and found a post about Leonard Cohen instead. Sometimes I operate in my own time zone. It's an unfortunate trait.

But without further ado, I give you...the fabulous Bianca!

"Hey everyone, it's Bianca (or, should I say, "The Mistress of Murderer's Row!")!! YAY for karaoke!!

I won't carry on too much in this introduction, considering I babbled on for two minutes prior to my riveting performance. But trust me, the babbling is probably the high point of the video, given my incredible lack of vocal performance skills. The other disclaimer is that my webcam is a piece o' crap, and sometimes the words don't go with my mouth. But again, that may actually be an improvement. Ahem.

Much thanks to Lauren for being an awesome host!"


See? I told you this was going to be epic.

If you want to have nightmares forever, head over to Ash's blog to see my lovely contribution to the karaoke ring. I'm not particularly proud of it, but not all videos can be "Another Night Another Dream." I kinda left it to the last minute and ended up sneaking into the attic to have a candlelit poetry reading with my hippy friends last night instead of working on it. So that's my excuse. My video sucks because I blew it off to read Sylvia Plath aloud in a dark creepy attic.

I am baffled by my life sometimes.

But I digress. Many thanks to Rishita for organizing this madness. And thanks to everyone for tuning in (and for being patient with my lack of timeliness).

Over and out, comrades.

12 comments:

  1. Actually, I think you're one of the best singers I've watched so far, Bi! You have a good voice, and I like your song choice. Very sultry, and better than Kathy Bates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just realized that Kathy Bates wasn't in the movie, but she was the director's first choice for that part, which was played by Queen Latifah in the end. Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, thank you for the compliment! You are way too kind! In fact, when I was singing along to a tune in the car the other day, my mother very sweetly told me, "You know honey, I don't want to make you feel bad, but your singing voice is not one of your strong traits." Thanks, mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you had a pretty great singing voice, too, actually!

    After watching this, I desperately want to be friends with you. But not in a creepy, stalker kind of way. Okay, yes. In a creepy, stalker kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GENIUS. Seriously, the commitment to the performance, the little "I"m sorry" at the end, the wiggle and squinty eyes? LOVES IT.

    Actually, this one may be my favorite. YAY. An imaginary zebra cake for you!

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was f'n awesome! You OWNED that shiz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love the dance. :) LOVE how you just threw it all out there. The butt shake at the camera was my favorite.

    the sorry at the end was cute, but Totally unnecessary, it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have a crush on you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is by far my favorite video of the blogring right now, and I doubt anyone can oust you from that top spot. Lol. I'm with Sara on this one, I'm totally crushing on you right now. *rawr*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you guys are wayyyy too nice!! Thank you for these lovely comments, my head's just swelling up like the blue girl in Willy Wonka! I'll definitely have to save that feather boa for next month... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you add your boa to my hat, we'd have the PERFECT costume. Your dance moves, too. Because they are SWEET!

    Nice song choice, by the way. Chicago 4evaaaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh this is amazing! Never seen Chicago, but man, that was awesome.

    The dancing with the boa were way too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D