Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Pipe Monster

Strange noises are coming from the attic tonight. It's been this way for the past few days. There will be a rattling, then a thump, then a strange knocking. They say it's the pipes. They say they'll fix it later ("they" being the management). The first night it happened, no one in the building could sleep and we were all in the kitchen freaking out. We didn't know what was going on. Were we going to explode? Was the place haunted after all? Was it another weird practical joke from a hipster guy downstairs? The answer to all of those questions is "no" - or so they say. It's a lot of noises for just being "trouble with the pipes." It's a little unsettling if you ask me.

Thump thump thump. There it goes again. Sounds like some drunken animal with hoofs is sporadically parading around up there. People have been calling it "The Pipe Monster."

In other news, I went to a Christmas party at a stranger's house tonight. TMBG Girl dragged me along so I could meet a guy I might play music with. I generally hate parties, but it wasn't bad. Well, we were awkwardly early and sat around drinking wine for an hour before anyone even showed up. Once people started showing up, naturally they were all people I didn't know. But it was a "Gingerbread House Party," so I occupied myself with gluing graham crackers together with frosting and piling gumdrops on top (just like third grade!). That made things less awkward.

About half of the people at the party got really stoned before they sat down to make gingerbread houses. So you can imagine that there were some good ones (please note intended sarcasm). TMBG Girl and I actually had two of the better ones.

Mine is the dumpy one on the left. TMBG Girl's is next door - she titled it "Martha Stewart's Crack House."

We won silly prizes and brought them back to share with people in the kitchen. We also brought back my gingerbread house (Martha Stewart's Crack House wasn't really in a state to be easily transported anywhere) and left it in front of The Poet's door. He was pretty stoked when he found it.

Thump thump. There goes that Pipe Monster again.

I should sleep.

I have a lot to report though. I actually have a rather long post in the works entitled "Sausage Fest 2010 and My New Hipster 'Boyfriend.'" I was hoping to get that up today, but it's taking me a long time to write it for some reason (I've been in a little bit of a slump lately I guess). So you're stuck reading this mundane little blurb for now. But that post will be up soon, so there's something to look forward to (or to dread...).

Anyway, that's all for now. Peace out, amigos.

And if The Pipe Monster eats me in my sleep...I love you all!

8 comments:

  1. Anything but mundane. But yes; a sausage-fest does sound exciting.

    Old Hippy Poet is always awake! Does he not sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he's pretty much nocturnal. I've never really seen him before noon, but he's the one person I can usually count on being awake between the hours of 1am and 4am.

    Stay tuned for my account of last week's dance-party-turned-sausage-fest! It's really not as exciting as it sounds. Or maybe it is. You can be the judge of that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren - I've missed you (it's true) - can't wait for the post about your new hipster boyfriend! Is he a real boyfriend? Or the fake kind? Nevermind, I'll wait for the post.

    But I didn't get to see my fake musician boyfriend on Friday as planned :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the pipe monster eats you, I'll be very sad, haha. And your gingerbread house was amazing! I'm kinda jealous... maybe I should buy a kit and make a gingerbread house of my own. =]

    Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison- He's definitely the fake kind. You probably would have gotten an email if he was the real kind. And that's lame that you didn't get to see your fake musician boyfriend. Does he have more shows coming up that you can make an appearance at?

    DuckieSteph- You don't need a kit to make gingerbread houses. Just get some graham crackers, use some frosting as glue, and decorate it with your candy of choice!
    Well, I guess if you want to be sure it doesn't fall apart, a kit would be the way to go. Haha.
    And I lived through the night without any attacks from The Pipe Monster, so I guess there's no need to worry about me being eaten. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that if he was a real bf I would have gotten an email! Love the secret behind-the-scene TASG activity that I'm privy to!

    After my failed attempt to see him play Friday, I facebooked him from my phone to explain myself - and asked about upcoming gigs. He says not till January. That's okay, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a gingerbread house this weekend too. Although we used the kit kind. It didn't look so good, and the candy was stale beyond belief, so none of it was edible. Bummer. Yours looks so good though!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D