Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Well Hot & Heavy, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Candy, Jesus Christ...

Today I went to the store to buy something.

The man behind the cash register looked familiar, but I tried not to think about it.

Apparently, I looked familiar to him too.

"Oh, you went to _______ High School, didn't you?" he says.

I nod, horrified.

"I'm ______'s dad!" he says, grinning. "Remember me?"

Oh yes, I remembered him. His son was first chair trombone in the marching band and he chaperoned on just about every band trip there was.

I'm so sick of running into people from a past life every time I turn around.

On a brighter note, my brother scored passes for an exclusive session with Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros at a local radio station tomorrow afternoon. I'm the one who got him into that band in the first place, so I was stoked when he asked me to go with him.

If you are not familiar with Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros, maybe you'll understand why I'm so excited after listening to this song:


Is it just me, or is that happiness in musical form?

Really, I was in a relatively dismal mood when I sat down to write this post. But that changed after putting on some Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros.

Anyway, that's all for now, folks. Peace be with you, kind souls who read this mess of a blog. *bows heroically and scuttles off to bed*

3 comments:

  1. Oh maaaaan, I loooooove that song.

    What a great video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song...and antidote to dismal moodiness. Score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that shaky camera effect.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D