Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Moving On Up (To The East Side)

Friday is the day, boys and girls.

I'm moving out.

I'm leaving the comfort of my parent's house. I'm launching myself into the world. I'm going to live in a huge commune full of artists and musicians.

Am I excited? Totally.

Am I scared out of my mind? Completely.

After all, I'm still unemployed. I'm scrambling to come up with some source of steady income. Once I get all packed and moved out, my full time job will be to find a job. It's no easy task in this wretched economy. I think I have every right to be scared out of my mind.

But I think it will be good for me. It's a step forward, which is a step in the right direction.

Speaking of the right direction, I've been thinking a lot about my where I'm at and where I should be right now and have decided that my three main priorities are now currently as follows:

1) Get moved into the new place and make an effort to be a part of the community there.
2) Get a job (doesn't have to be anything special - just has to be a source of income).
3) Focus on music, specifically getting the band up and running again (we practice weekly but still haven't performed since May).

If I can do those three things, my life will feel a bit more in balance and then everything else should fall right into place.

So in other words, it's time for Lauren to kick it into world domination mode! "Engaging world domination mode, Captain!"

Over and out.

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're definitely headed in the right direction! Good luck on finding a job. Times are tough, indeed :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the move, Lauren! That sounds absolutely exciting. :) Hope your job searching goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes - good luck! I hope all of those things happen for you, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you will find you LOVE living on your own.
    Good luck with everything, I'll be rooting for you!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting. This commune sounds all kinds of fun.

    Good luck with the job hunt. I'll keep my fingers crossed, Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been my experience that if you're a) not a moron b) attractive c) motivated and d) not a psychopath you will find a way to sustain your lifestyle. Is it shallow to include b? Yes. Is it true? Yes. You'll be fine!

    Congrats on finally moving! I'll be there soon...very soon. Just bought a car! WOOHOO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping everything falls into place (but I'll be here to blog about it if it doesn't haha).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck on the move! I'm honestly so jealous of you. I can't wait to get back out on my own again. I love my parents, but living at home is starting to really drag me down.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D