Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Working World and Keytar Names

I got fingerprinted for a job yesterday. I don't necessarily want to work, but I need the money. I'm going to be an educational assistant sub at various grade schools for the remainder of the academic year. It's an unlikely job for me but I can do anything for a month. I won't be working everyday, but there is the possibility that my phone can ring at 6am on any given weekday.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting. You know how much I love mornings. And children. (note the intended sarcasm)

Will get good stories out of it at least.

In other, much more exciting news, my keytar has arrived! I picked it up from a quirky British man at guitar center on Thursday and have been shredding away on it over since.

Better pictures to come, but there I am with my new child. It is a thing of beauty.

I haven't really come up with a name for him yet. A friend dubbed it "The Unicorn" a couple of nights ago and it's kinda stuck. Saying that you're going to go home to play The Unicorn is a bit awkward though. I am totally open to other options.

So help me out, world. What should I name my wonderful new keytar? :)

1 comment:

  1. Could you stand on one foot for an entire month? I seriously doubt that. I have no keytar names but I will share the names of my lovely instruments. My acoustic guitar is named Charlie. My flute is named Annabelle. My electric guitar and keyboard are named Jack and Sally, respectively, because I love Tim Burton movies so much. I have a Nightmare Before Christmas purse because I am just that cool.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D