So Goat Man is far from complete, but I do have a demo ready that will be shipped off tomorrow. Okay, so it's not quite ready yet, but it will be ready by the time the post office is open.
I am ridiculous.
Noteworthy things that happened tonight:
- I attempted to record a demo of the song that the seductive bad girl sings. I was going to have a friend help me out on it, but I ran out of time. The song is a duet between the bad girl and Goat Man. It's the song where she tries to seduce him and he rejects her. I am the voice of Goat Man too. So ultimately, the track is three minutes of me trying to seduce myself. Yeah...it's sitting on the cutting room floor right now...
- I learned that writing awkward and neurotic songs about cell phones, psychiatrists, and existentialism comes much more naturally to me than writing seductive bad girl songs. I'm the female Woody Allen. I am not a sexy super villain. I'm just not.
- The Poet and The Fallen Nun talked me into showing them my student film from college. It's been a really long time since I had seen it and it was like looking at a portal into a distant world.
- I've decided that not having hot water on command is bad for my general mental health. I've developed a cold shower strategy and routine, which is not really something I enjoy, neither is it something I've ever wanted to do. I don't mean to keep bitching about it, but I'm ready to join this century again.
- Time is becoming elusive and irrelevant. The night owl schedule isn't helping things.
That's all I have to report at this time.
More coherent post coming soon.
Also, snippets from Goat Man will be up here at some point for you listening pleasure! I figured if I'm going to constantly ramble on about it I might as well let you guys hear a little bit of it. And you guys are just plain fabulous, so I'll share a little bit of my rock opera madness with you. But first I have to figure out how to upload it, which may take me awhile. Haha.
I think that's really all I have to say.