Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Day I Wore Fred's Glasses

First off, I want to apologize for not blogging a lot lately. Apparently I can't be prolific all of the time.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that I have over 100 followers! This is totally exciting news, not to mention a little mind-blowing. If you're new here, welcome to the club. Thanks for following and I look forward to getting to know you a little bit.

Now that all of that is out of the way, I want to show you guys a picture...

Yes, that is Fred Armisen. And yes, we are wearing each other's glasses. As a side note, his prescription is kind of intense.

Also, it should be noted that my glasses have gotten much, much cooler because THEY HAVE BEEN ON FRED ARMISEN'S FACE.

Fan girl moment aside, it was really cool to meet Fred again. I felt like he possibly remembered me from last time. I sort of feel like I've been stalking to him, but I promise I haven't been.

Okay, there was that time last week when I saw him drinking a Sprite on a street corner and watched him for a good twenty minutes. But let's not talk about that.

Anyway, today turned out to be awesome. I knew where they were filming "Portlandia" today and thought I would go check out the set. I guess I was in the right place at the right time, because they needed more extras and next thing I knew I was wearing a Portland Timbers' scarf and cheering in the bleachers for a soccer game sketch.

And when it was all over, I had a glasses-related bonding moment with Fred himself.

I've been getting caught in a slump lately, mentally repeating phrases like "NOTHING IS GOING LIKE I PLANNED" over and over until all I can do is eat ice cream and fall asleep. But after today, I am optimistic.

After all, I now have a cool photograph of myself with one of the funniest men in the business. And when you have multiple Fred Armisen encounters in one summer, you have to believe that you're doing something right.

8 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! Did you say to yourself "I'm never washing these glasses again!"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of him or the show. I will Google it and check it out. & you look adorable in your picture!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I said this before, but I'll say it again...I want your awesome life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that picture is so awesome! Can't wait to see you cheering in the bleachers on the show :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad there's more Portlandia coming!

    Also, last night I fell asleep while reading, woke up an hour later, put a piece of cold french toast on a plate, and put chocolate frozen yogurt on top of it, and ate it before bed. So, I feel like you're doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is AWESOME! I'm very jealous.

    Congrats on 100 followers too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the over 100 followers :)

    And that is one of the coolest pictures I have ever seen.

    Clearly, you have something going on ;)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D