Friday, March 16, 2012

Oh Hi...

Apparently I'm very good at waltzing into the blogosphere after going for days without posting, making a grand announcement that I am back and have so many stories to tell, and then disappearing again. So that's all strange and awkward and embarrassing.

If it's any consolation, I've been blogging in my head a lot. If that makes any sense. I even have several half-baked posts saved in my drafts folder, but have managed to abandon them all due to my highly critical inner voice.

So here I am, in my favorite grocery store cafe, staring at hipsters crossing the street and attempting to write something that isn't complete garbage.

I'll start by telling you about my new friend George.

I met George through a friend of a friend. We hit it off immediately and have a lot of things in common. We're both neurotic, we both really love peanut butter, and we both love staying up too late watching paranormal investigation shows on cable television. He's very sweet, quiet, and friendly. Sometimes he does unexpected things (like puke in the hallway), but the truth is, I like George more than I like most people.

Of course, George is a dog.


His People are in Ohio this week, so I'm hanging out with him. He's super old and cuddly. And on top of being my new bff, he's helping me make some money. So that's all groovy...

Um, in other news, there are a ton of seats open in this cafe, but this weird old guy just had to sit right next to me and eat a corn dog. He has a million packets of mustard on his plate and is giving me a weird look. Truthfully, it's creepy me out a bit. I think I'm going to pack up my laptop and do the famous Awkward Lauren Scuttle™ on out of here...

More things soon, when I'm not being ogled by a crusty old corn dog man...

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that dog looks very comfortable. I love dogs; it's obvious why they're man's (and woman's) best friend.
    It is creepy when someone stares at you for no reason. At one cafe that I used to go to, a guy used to sit in the corner and stare at people for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, can we see a picture or video of this Awkward Lauren Scuttle™? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pup!

    The old guy probably things you're going to steal his mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely hate when people sit next to me, especially when there are other places to sit. I feel like screaming PARK THAT REAR SOMEWHERE ELSE DUDE!!

    I yell that in my head, but I smile politely, they never get the message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you must have died. I'm glad you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those ogling old men.

    That's what I love about my hometown, it's so small, the coffee shops are usually either empty, or people are otherwise preoccupied.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D