Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Brief Karaoke Interlude

So today I was hanging out over at 20sb today and ended up joining a 90s-themed karaoke blog ring.

What does this mean, you ask?

It means you get to watch a fabulous drunk guy singing "Stay" by Lisa Loeb.



The fabulous drunk guy is none other than Matt from Normally I Wouldn't Say This, But... Matt, you are a 90s karaoke champion.

Of course, there's a horrific 90s karaoke video of me floating around the Internet as a result of this blog ring. It's completely terrifying (as any good 90s karaoke video should be) and is posted up over at Sara Swears A Lot. Sara organized all of this madness and was nice enough to let me into the ring at the last minute. She's also got a list up of everyone involved in this blog ring so that you can watch all sorts of lovely 90s karaoke videos. There are some truly fantastic ones.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I will return to the regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Clearly, I need to start drinking before I make these karaoke videos. Lesson learnt: drunk vlogging makes the BEST karaoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, seriously, I need to do the next one drunk. That probably eliminates doing it while driving, but I'm willing to give that up.

    Your drunk eyes are a little scurrrry. Like you're peering into my soul. :)

    Dammit I love this idea.

    Lor

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably my favorite 90s song!! haha, excellent choice and the rum and coke looks tasty. And how awesome is it that we got at least one dude to participate in the blog ring?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUM AND COKE RUM AND COKE BEST FRIENDS FOREVERRRRRRR.

    (People who don't read our text messages probably think I'm REALLY weird...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT song choice! RUM AND COKE SINGING FTW!

    Lor, I agree. I need to get trashed before I do the next one. And I need to NOT do it at 0200 in the morning and have to whisper-shout shit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matttttttttttttt
    Is it too early to ask for a sperm donation?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this. i love this. i love this

    PS: I commented on Sara's blog, but how is it that you always seem to be on the exact same wavelength as me? Real McCoy is my FAVORITE. FAVORITE. It's so cheesy and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren, by the way, your version of "Another night, another dream" was amazing! That song is one of my childhood jams!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is better with drinking.

    Lor - I'm sorry my drunk eyes scared you. I promise, I'm peering anywhere but into your soul. Even if I was, I'd probably just be all "Awwwhhhh, llookkkk, sommeeoonne's ssoouuullll." The extended letters are supposed to be slurring.

    Sara - Yeah, but that's the risk they take by NOT BEING US because we're super awesome.

    Tsaritsa - I heard through the grapevine how much you liked this. Thank you, I'm honored :).

    Traveler - No, as long as you're willing to have at least two because I also want a child/children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, next time, I'm rocking my rum and coke too! Kudos, btw, for the drink choice, and the song choice. I freaking LOVE Lisa Loeb... and you definitely made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A dude participant! Awesome. Lauren, I have to say your video tops my list. You were sober for that? Kudos to you.

    I'm kind of bummed, though. I was going to participate, but ended up declining because I thought I actually had to go out into the real world and do karaoke. Had I known everyone was going to go the webcam route, I would've been thrilled to do it. =/ I had the best song in mind, too.

    Oh well. Next month!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D