Saturday, October 8, 2011

Attack Of The Bad Art

I'm angry.

Somebody took down my "Poop In A Bucket" signs.

I'm sure it was someone from The Management. They've been showing the place to a lot of new people lately and it probably looks bad for business.

Honestly, I'm surprised the signs lasted this long.

Ironically, a new show opened up in the gallery tonight that is really just two steps away from being "Poop In A Bucket."

This is a show about eggshells.



This is beauty.  

This is art.  

This is the product of someone who had to eat a lot of omelets.  

Eggshells.  This is about eggshells.  

I will end my commentary before it becomes too scathing...  

Instead, I will show you pictures of my other favorite art show... "When A Friend Is Sometimes A Stranger."



Now, I feel bad making fun of this one because it was created by someone I actually really like.  But there's no denying the fact that this exhibit is nothing but large Sharpied outlines of hipsters on butcher paper with a pretentious title slapped onto it.  I'm going to state the obvious and say that I made that kind of art in the first grade.

The question is - if these things can pass as legitimate art, why is The Management so quick to hate on "Poop In A Bucket"??? 

I guess the title isn't artsy enough.  I should have called it "When A Bucket Is Filled With Excrement."

6 comments:

  1. Are one of those hipsters having sex with an animal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eggshell art?

    I think poop in a bucket trumps all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ginny LOL!!!

    i like art b/c you can make almost anything and deem it art. of course some "art" is better than others but hey at least some ppl are trying

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
    http://infintelifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm confused about what's going on in one of those outlines/tracings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Allison: Isn't it clear? Mr. Pacifier-elbow is starring in Attack of the Planet of the Toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they would have definitely kept it up if you had a longer title... at least, that's the only thing I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when YOU leave me comments. :D